Clearly I have an unhealthy obsession with cake for breakfast. I certainly have reduced the propensity to eat breakfast straight from the cake plate, but the acceptable cake for breakfast, chocolate muffins, are still very much a Saturday morning favourite with my family.
I used to take the easy way out and buy these mega muffins every weekend for my family.
Until one day my dancing daughter said to me, “I really like the ones you make better.” Nothing like a little praise coupled with a big dose of Mother’s guilt to change that purchase habit to a homemade muffin-fest!
So the supremo testing in a better option of
cake for breakfast chocolate muffins has taken place for about the last year. A start from scratch option is usually the most well received but is not often the healthiest option. So in the quest for a quick and relatively healthy alternative, I’ve been testing a few of the “2 ingredient” options that have been floating around the internet for many moons.
The results of this 2 ingredient test were certainly favourable with the family declaring them to be really moist and super delicious. It was only after they had given me their feedback that I told them what was in them. I mean, really, how can you go wrong
Muffin Monday ~ Health(ier) Chocolate Muffins (makes 10 standard size muffins)
1 x box gluten free chocolate cake mix (I used Macro Wholefoods which is 450 grams)
380 grams of pumpkin puree (home made or canned)
1 tsp baking powder (optional but will help them to rise)
Chocolate chips to top
Preheat oven to 200 or 180 for fan forced. Place liners inside your muffin pans.
Do not add anything else! The mixture will be very thick.
Place ¼ cup mixture into each muffin cup and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 28-35 minutes . Rest in the pans for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Seriously, that is the entire recipe. So easy that absolutely anyone could make it and feel pious in your choice of (healthy)
cake for breakfast chocolate muffins!
|Muffin Monday ~ A Healthier Chocolate Muffin||
- 1 x box gluten free chocolate cake mix (I used Macro Wholefoods which is 450 grams)
- 380 grams of pumpkin puree (home made or canned)
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional but will help them to rise)
- Chocolate chips to top
- Preheat oven to 200 or 180 for fan forced. Place liners inside your muffin pans.
- In a large bowl mix the cake mix, baking powder and the pumpkin with a stand or hand mixer until completely combined.
- Do not add anything else! The mixture will be very thick.
- Place ¼ cup mixture into each muffin cup and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until skewer comes out clean. Rest in the pans for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Don’t forget the Better Red GIVEAWAY!!!!!
Share ANY post on Facebook or Pinterest for the month of November and you could win this BakeWell RED stand mixer! A stand mixer is the cornerstone of any baker’s kitchen and this will get you well on your way to making delicious delights with ease and convenience.
How to enter
Like Sweets of Style on Facebook
Follow Sweets of Style on Pinterest
Share any post on Facebook
Share any post on Pinterest
The draw will take place on Friday 30 November so get sharing and good luck!